Oct 20, 2013

God of Change, Fight the Flicker Finger of Fortune



Review #13 – Free Video Game
God of Change, Fight the Flicker Finger of Fortune
Another Rogue-like with a new twist. Not only the map and the item distribution are random, but the actual abilities and behavior of the enemies also are, and they keep changing as you play.
In this game, you take the role of a hero trying to defeat the God a Change, a god of Fortune and Luck. If you want to defeat him, you have to destroy his nexus, the conduct for his power.
God of Change makes itself different from the rest by making the monsters change over time. They not necessarily get better, but more often than not they'll get new power with which to kill you.


It also uses a behavior system and lots of information getting powers. The creatures can be Territorial, Aggressive, Apathic, Cowardly, Friendly or Allied, changing the way they react to you. And they can also get abilities like a Hive Mind, or Telepathy, that allows them to get information about you even if they don't actually see you.
Now, you might want to know how to defend yourself. Well, first, every time you grab a weapon or armor, your equipment improves. Then you have both Scrolls and Wands. Scrolls are one shot magical effects, while wands recharge over time.
And believe me, you’ll need them. The powerful God of Change can not only change the creatures around you, but also the very dungeon in which you are.
As always, I'll warn about the difficulty level. It's pretty high, even for a Rouge-like. But as the game is also a little short, I think it balances out.
- The Storeman

Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment