Oct 19, 2014

The Crooked Man, that lived in a Crooked House...

Review #62 – Free Game

The Crooked Man, that lived in a Crooked House...

At the end of the review, there is the link to a translation of a game by Uri. I Assume that, if you are reading this blog, you come looking for games in English. In that previous link is the original, if you'd rather play that.


Now, today in Horror October, we have The Crooked Man. It's a Horror RPG game that puts you in the role of David, a new homeowner with a troubled past. As you play, his story is revealed while you fight to survive. I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil anything.


So, you might look at the screenshot above and say: “That's not going to be scary, it looks like a polished Final Fantsy Tactics”. Well, that's not exactly true. The Crooked Man uses al the classic horror movie moves: flickering lights, flashing screens and a great soundtrack to set the atmosphere. Add to all of this that you are actually “behind the wheel” controlling the character, and you'll find yourself in the zone pretty quickly. So, yes, this game is scary, don't take it lightly.

The story is fun and well written, and it's full of puzzles that are hard, but not impossible. My only complain is that some “challenges” take really long to complete. But don't despair, because it's worth it.

- The Storeman


Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. ROBLOX is driven by a growing community of over 300,000 creator players who provide an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

    These experiences range from 3D multiplayer games and competitions, to interactive adventures where friends can take on new personas exploring what it would be like to be a dinosaur, a miner working a mine or an astronaut out in space.

    ReplyDelete